Sunday, August 10, 2008

Glad to be home

I just returned from the Middle East. I'm happy to be back at home with my beautiful wife in England. I won't bore you with a lot of details about the trip. Instead I've attached a few pictures that everyone might enjoy....


(This is a picture of me with a familiar face.)



(I did a lot of traveling; I traveled via C-17, C-130 and Army Sherpa--pictured above)



(It was very, very, very, very, very hot. To give you an idea of how hot it is, the tar on the road melted every afternoon.)



(The military can be creative. This is a row of carports just outside Saddam's private terminal that have been converted into offices.)




(I had the opportunity to tour some of Saddam's palaces. This is a picture from the top of one of them, overlooking his palace grounds. The lake is not naturally occurring. The island building is his mother-in-law's house. Insert your own joke.)



(This is a picture of me standing by a playground built for Saddam's grandchildren. It was supposedly built to resemble the Flintstone's cartoon. It was pretty extravagant, with an elevator and a kitchen.)

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you're home!

Jennie said...

Hey Jacob and Rachel,

Together Again! I am sure that you are both happy to see one another. We are glad that the trip was a safe one. Looks like you were able to see a lot of interesting things. We Love you,

Jen, Adam & Kids