Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A holiday baking day



I spent the entire day today baking. I baked peach pies, chocolate chip chocolate cookies, cowpoke cookies (more commonly known as "cowboy cookies") and 2 types of granola. I also made a cabbage soup for dinner.

During the holiday season it seems like I spend more days entirely in the kitchen than I do in any other occupation. Last week I made homemade Twix and biscotti to send to my boss. Within the next 7 days I plan to make several pies, chewy molasses cookies and gingerbread people.

I know that many of you are similarly engaged in creating holiday goodies. Happy baking!!

(If any of you would like instructions for any of the above items, I'll be happy to provide what I have--just email or comment on the blog with your request. I should issue a warning: I'm incapable of following a recipe, so I don't always have one. But generally with baking I have at least a starting point.)

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I would love to know your Twix recipe. I am consumed with our church party and Adam's finals right now. I get to start baking on Saturday :) Love ya, Jennie