Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baking with a twist


I made soft pretzels tonight, and they were super-yummy! I've wanted to try making these ever since our now-legendary pretzel experience from last December's trip to the German Christmas market in Köln. (The photo below is to remind you of that pretzel.)



I even melted some cheese over one of them tonight--just for old times. I'm not going to say mine were as good as the ones in Germany, but they're probably the best ones we'll get outside Germany. Delicious!


2 comments:

Jennie said...

Share the recipe!!

Unknown said...

Confession: I don't actually use recipes, even in baking when I know I really should. But this creation was loosely based on Martha Stewart's recipe, which I came by through The Kitchn.
The biggest difference I employed was using WAY MORE baking soda in the poaching bath. I also didn't use the amount of flour called for...Ok, I'm incapable of sticking to a recipe. :)