Thursday, October 22, 2009

J'ai la banane!



I went to Paris this week with some friends! As this was my 6th visit to Paris, I'll try not to bore you with things you've seen on the blog before.

I've wanted to visit the Musée d'Orsay forever, and I finally got to go! The Museum is famous for its collection of impressionist (and post-impressionist) paintings, and they were totally amazing!! I was particularly moved by the room full of Renoirs--I LOVED them! The museum itself is a former train station, which was super-cool. Isn't the clock amazing? (Also pictured, me with Vincent Van Gogh--well, his self-portrait anyway.)



In addition to the Musée d'Orsay, we visited the Louvre. (Yes, 2 art museums in one day is a fabulous day for me!) We saw several artists painting other paintings. This was the only guy who didn't have a prohibition of photographs. Also pictured, a close-up of Canova's Psyche Revived by Cupid's Kiss. Magnifique!


Mandatory to a visit to Paris is the eating of a freshly-made crêpe with Nutella inside. I had one of those Tuesday--délicieux. Then yesterday I lived on the edge and added banana to the Nutella crêpe. What a discovery! There was an ENTIRE banana in it, and the taste combination was awesome!


I took this photo of the Eiffel Tower from the top of the Arc de Triomphe. We were about to leave when the tower started sparkling--it was so beautiful! It wasn't easy to capture in a photo, so there's a 2-second video below.


2 comments:

Michael said...

The Musee d'Orsay looks amazing! And I love the short clip of the twinkling Eiffel Tower.

Jennie said...

Chocolate and Bananas....YUM!