Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baby update & shower

This weekend our friend Becky threw me a baby shower! It was lots of fun, and it just made me even more grateful for the awesome friends Jacob and I have. I was surrounded by amazing people who are genuinely excited for us. I scanned the cute invitation (minus Becky's address and phone number) above.
We've had people ask about the baby's room, so here's a photo. It's where we put all the gifts from yesterday; we'll eventually organize it all, I'm sure.Here are a few fun photos from the shower, including my friend Hollie demonstrating the use of the hooded towel. :)
Last weekend we also bought something ourselves for the little guy. It will match nicely with his Dad's England shirts. :)
And here are a couple of shots of me. The first shows that even though I look alarming from the side, the view of the front isn't as bad. [Because I'm carrying the baby so high, these are my regular, non-maternity jeans that I can still button with no problem--crazy, I know.] The second photo shows what a nice tabletop the baby bump makes for eating the delicious beef stir-fry Jacob made tonight.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

So cute! Glad to hear that your shower went well. I think the baby's room is coming a long nicely. You have the crib up already!! ox Jennie

KathiG said...

Rachel, please email me your mailing address as I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to send something Razorback for your little guy. And if you don't want Razorback, I'll just find something Arkansas. :-)