Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Emerald Isle

 We started our Ireland trip at the Cliffs of Moher where both the scenery and the wind took our breath away. Seriously, the wind was INSANE. It knocked me off my feet a couple of times and made my hair look crazy.
 We stayed a night in Limerick (below), which is just a fun place to say we've been. Perhaps I should have written this post in limerick...How many of you would have rolled your eyes and stopped reading?


Blarney Castle was fun and beautiful. We were there primarily to kiss the Blarney Stone, of course. The legend of the Blarney Stone says that those who kiss the stone will have eloquence (all the more reason to have written this post in poetry, right?). Jacob and I both kissed it, and it wasn't an easy feat. We had to lie on our backs at the top of the tall castle and precariously dangle our heads into a crack, leaning back just far enough that I thought I might fall and die.   






 We stayed the last night in Killarney, which is the gateway to Killarney National Park and the beginning of the Ring of Kerry. I loved the way this green moss grew on everything. It was so very beautiful.

We drove the Ring of Kerry, which we don't regret but didn't love. We thought the scenery elsewhere in Ireland was prettier, and the quality of the road was awful. Plus we had a toddler in the car.

Overall we had a great time in Ireland.  Gavin's country count is now 16.

2 comments:

Becky Foster said...

How's traveling now that you have a walker? I love this place. That whole kissing story would freak me out. Good job at accomplishing it though!

Emily said...

Good camera work-- I would seriously hang that first photo on my wall.