Friday, November 2, 2012

Obsession

I've posted a few times about the really unforgettable things we've eaten the past few years (a pretzel in Köln, a certain macaron in Paris, a cinnamon Danish pastry in Copenhagen, Spargelschnitzel in Germany). So to round out the top 5 things I've ever consumed in my life, I feel I have to post about Racquel's sugar cookies. (Racquel, BTW, is a fabulous friend from church whose family we also love and will miss.)


I remember the first time I had one of Racquel's sugar cookies. Gavin was a few days old, and they were shaped like bells for Christmas. I was hooked instantly. These cookies are absolute perfection in every way. The past 2 years have been an effort to get them when possible. But now we're leaving, and I have to hope she'll ship!
Right now they're shaped like pumpkins.

Racquel has a stand at the BX on base where she also sells cupcakes and other wonderful cookies and goodies. Jacob is obsessed with her chocolate chip cookies (not pictured...sorry). Here are some photos from her BX stand. I'll definitely miss this when we leave. (Gavin too...He loves EVERYTHING she makes.) :)

chocolate mint cupcakes

peanut butter cupcakes

oreo cupcakes

mint brownies
7-layer bars--these are to die for

No comments: