Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February trip

at the Dayton airport, pre-takeoff
My Mom visited for a few weeks in January; then at the beginning of February we set off on a fun trip to visit family. We started in Albuquerque with my brother Bob's family. He and his wife Emily have 3 little boys, and Gavin loved spending time with his cousins Dean, Isaac and Ellis.
three little men in a tub
Gavin is exactly between Dean and Isaac in age--all are 2.
tired, but chunky and adorable, Ellis
We also visited my grandparents in southern Utah, which was fun. They loved having Gavin in their house, and I loved seeing my grandparents interact with him.
Gavin's sitting in the 100-year-old high chair. 

He began wearing these undies
at great-Grandma and great-Grandpa's house.
And he never stopped playing with these tracks
the entire time we were there. 

Then we visited my older brother Mike's family in Wyoming. He and his wife Melissa just had a baby girl, Eleanor (aka Nora Lu). My Dad also met us for this leg of the trip, and it was fantastic to see him.
Isn't she beautiful?!
maybe my favorite picture from the trip...
Grandma and Gavin watching a movie while Grandpa sleeps nearby
While in Laramie we enjoyed the University of Wyoming Geological Museum. Newly renovated, the museum is small but worthwhile. We loved the (mostly dinosaur-related) exhibits.


1 comment:

Becky Foster said...

How fun Rachel! And I'm dying at the underwear pic. He's growing up! (And Hazel refuses potty training...) Miss you guys so much.