Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Alaska, part III (Denali)


Don't be fooled by the title--I didn't actually get to see THE mountain. :(
We did spend a day touring the Denali National Park & Preserve, which was beautiful. But the mountain was behind lots of clouds. Here are some of the vistas we did see.


The only time I was scared on the trip...Gavin bolted off into the wilderness of Denali. Since it's an animal preserve,
there are bears and wolves and lots of other wildlife that would have loved eating him for lunch.
Good thing I caught up with this quick little man!


My parents are fabulous!



2 comments:

Kirsty*Howard*Harvey*Layla*Miles said...

Gavin is gorgeous, Rachel! I adore the photo of you holding him in this post. You've given me major Alaska jealousy again :) Miss you guys.

Becky Foster said...

Beautiful! And I bet that was scary when Gavin took off. Phew. And I hope you're feeling as good as you look!