Wednesday, March 18, 2009

USA trip: New Mexican food

We've been in the United States of America since March 1, so this is the fist of several related posts. I spent my 17 days in New Mexico where I enjoyed a lot of delicious New Mexican food. They smother everything in either red or green chile, so it can be spicy, but it's always tasty! Here are a few photos of things I ate there.

(Delicious Sadie's carne adovada enchiladas, chips & salsa and sopaipillas)


(My father-in-law's breakfast from the always-delicious Weck's. I ate there 6 times in the last 2 weeks!)


(An amazing Navajo taco from Monroe's, where I ate with my coworker Jeff last week.)



(One of my favorite Albuquerque foods is a triple ginger cookie from Flying Star. It's posing in this photo with a slice of peach raspberry pie. As much as I like the New Mexico chile, I'm glad these were spared the smothering.)


(The Tostada Compuesta from Los Cuates is delicious!)

No comments: