Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The tea room


I've been going with a group of friends to lunch at a local tea room every month. It's absolutely adorable! When we went a few months ago I had my first experience with clotted cream, which is a delicious spread eaten on scones with jam (the combination of which is officially called "cream tea"). I LOVE clotted cream, but it's probably good we only go to the tea room monthly because it must be extremely unhealthy. (left to right: Carla, Angela, Emily, me)
In addition to the clotted cream, I've also grown quite fond of the white hot chocolate. It's delicious plain, but last week I had it with a shot of hazelnut French syrup--very delicious!

Here are a few close-up food pictures (my scone, clotted cream and blackberry jam; Carla's crumpet with smoked salmon and cream cheese; and Emily's fruit salad).



I absolutely can't wait for my Mom to come visit so I can take her to the adorable tea room!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I am guessing that your white hot chocolate is steamed milk...I love steamers. I was introduced to them in Idaho! What a great monthly event :) Yummy!

Mutti said...

Your mom ABSOLUTELY can't wait to go to the tea room! Clotted cream, scones, fruit salad, white hot chocolate, yum. I'm going to try everything.