Thursday, July 30, 2009

Signs: a multi-lingual edition

WARNING: This post contains a photo that may be offensive to some readers. If you have a particular aversion to the f word (yes, THE f word), please do not scroll down.

Jacob had literally just finished eating the exact meal in that photo (Schweinehaxe) when we took a much-needed walk and ran into this sign for the Kalorienweg ("calorie way"). The smaller print gives estimates of how long you'd have to walk to burn off the calories in other meals, but Jacob had obviously just devoured the most calorie-ridden thing they could think of. His meal would have taken (as you can see) an hour and 30 minutes to burn off!


If there was ever a phrase we needed to learn in Welsh, this is it!


Yes, this is an actual town in Austria. There's not much there but these signs--that was enough for us!



What I wonder here is whether they check my nails for health or if that's the part of my future they can see from my palm. ("I foresee a manicure in your near future.")


Yes, this is a razorback! We were disappointed not to have seen one in those 8 kilometres, but at least we saw the great sign! (...and I got to reminisce about my days at the University of Arkansas)





This sign was in the laundry facility of our campground in France's Loire Valley in May. I get it--they're saying that sink is for washing clothes. But what on earth is that logo on the shirt--a kangaroo?



1 comment:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Well played, nice warning at the top. :) I like the stick figure..that is my kind of art! At least that is the only kind I can successfully draw.