Monday, March 22, 2010

It's a sign!

We did have an unfortunate frog encounter
Saturday--where was this sign when we needed it?
(Jacob: "We think he [rib]bit the dust.")

Jacob: "what the %&#@ am I supposed to do now?"

It may seem unnecessary to have a business dedicated to equine laundry,
but you have to remember that horses wear clothes in England.

This one's dedicated to Nick
who enjoyed this sign in the Tube stations in London.

I might be the only person who finds this funny, but it's a directional
sign telling me where to find trees. It's in the middle of the forest.
Where trees are abundant. Particularly to the right...?

We like this sign because apparently in Spain it has to be indicated on
every little piece of grass whether fĂștbol is allowed.

This sign is next to a fountain.
Jacob: "The water doesn't scare me; the lightening bolt to the groin does."



A comical translation attempt at a gift shop in Jordan.

This one's at Petra where
scenes from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade were filmed.


Logic Lane is an actual street in Oxford. I'm going to start invoking
it when someone's grasp of reality is slipping: "You need to take a trip over to Logic Lane, buddy."

If you were in doubt as to whether Jerusalem is a dangerous place,
this sign clears things up.

This one is just around the corner from our house on the path along
the River Lark. The first prohibition really is a stick person carrying a
larger-than-possible fish. And running. The middle image
is interesting too.

4 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

totally saw a frog sign in West Stow, it is new to the area. Apparently the frogs have migrated to a new area of England. I wanted to come back and take a picture of it for you...I guess I don't have to drive and snap pictures at the same time anymore. :)

Nancy said...

Oh,thank you for the nice cleansing laugh I just had from your "It's a sign" post. I can hardly wait to come in September and see some signs for myself!! Cross your fingers that Don will have the courage to face the beast (oh, I mean Bill)this week. I want to get things "penned" in not just penciled in!! Check out Tara's latest posts www.taraporter.blogspot.com
Love you! Nancy

BobBruff said...

http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Family-Lifestyle/10-Wacky-Road-Signs-Around-the-World.html

Emily said...

Rachel, you could be one of those bloggers who gets rich off their blog! It's always fun to read. You could draw millions of readers (and then slap some ads up to bring in the bucks to keep funding your future travels!).