Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Autumn in the kitchen

With Jacob's return home over the weekend, there's reason again to spend time in the kitchen. (Cooking for 1=depressing.) And with the onset of cold(ish) weather, Jacob and I are both huge fans of a steaming pot of soup or stew made from scratch. This week was my first interaction with fresh leeks, even though I've long loved leek & potato soup. Mine turned out super-delicious, and we both look forward to having it again soon!
And as I'm typing this post, the house is overflowing with the unmistakable, incredible aroma of split-pea soup. I've been cleaning out the freezer so we can freeze a few meals before Baby comes, and there was a ham bone from a few months ago that was just begging for split-pea soup. So delicious!
Other than the return of soup, our favorite autumnal thing in the kitchen is pumpkin. Last week when I saw this post about pumpkin cinnamon rolls (with a brown sugar glaze), I nearly made them immediately. But I'm glad I waited until today when Jacob was home to enjoy them too.
Hungry, anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those buns look sooo yummy! Are they yeast rolls?

Jennie said...

My mouth is watering!!! Sounds like lots of fun in the kitchen :) Glad you have Jacob back home with ya!! xo Jennie

Unknown said...

S Jill--Yep, they're yeast rolls. Just follow the link in the post for the recipe. Thanks for your comment!

Emily said...

Would you say pumpkin cinnamon rolls are better, less good, or just as good but different than regular cinnamon rolls?

Hannahminx said...

Those pumpkin cinnamon rolls were the absolute most delicious thing i have ever tasted!! thankyou! :)