Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Winners and losers

Jacob did not actually attend the University of Florida, but growing up in Florida he has always been a fan. So people have gifted Gavin some Florida attire, which he wore Saturday to watch Florida win the Outback Bowl. I think these two in their matching clothes are about the cutest thing ever. Don't you love the identical head tilt above--that wasn't even staged. (You can tell by Gavin's expression in the next picture that he approved of the Gators' performance in the game.)I not only attended and have a degree from the University of Arkansas, but I also went to nearly every home football game all 4 years I was there. Tuesday night Arkansas played in the Sugar Bowl against Ohio State. Arkansas had a great season this year, which was a refreshing break from their norm, so I'm not too devastated they lost this game. (In the next photo we're calling the Hogs.)Note: Jacob is actually a big fan of the University of New Mexico , where he earned 2 degrees. [We don't have any Lobo apparel for Gavin yet.] New Mexico only won one game this year (against Wyoming), so they didn't make a bowl game. :( Nevertheless, "everyone's a Lobo"--so Gavin will be a fan of UNM too.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Football is in his blood already! He seems to be enjoying the games with mom & dad.

Jennie said...

Super cute! I think I might have some Lobo hand me downs for Gavin :)

Emily said...

Joel loves the Gator pictures, and Brinly is always excited to see pictures and videos of the "baba"

KathiG said...

Love the "calling the hogs" picture!!! Too cute!!! Did you get my package that I sent to Gavin? More Hog stuff. :-)

angela said...

I'm glad that you all are doing well, and just wanted to let you know that you look fantastic!