Monday, September 3, 2012

Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey)

On our way home from Cornwall (and Plymouth) we needed a place to stop and stretch our legs and give Gavin a break from being in the car. So we stopped at Downton Abbey! Actually it's Highclere Castle, the residence of the Earl and Countess of Carnarvon, and the filming location for Downton Abbey.
We didn't dare take Gavin inside, and Jacob has never seen an episode of the show, so they enjoyed the gardens while I toured the castle.
Photography isn't allowed inside, but the rooms were beautiful. They had informational signs in some of the bedrooms telling which Downton Abbey character's room we were in, which was cool.
I loved visiting Highclere, and I'm extra-excited for the new Downton Abbey season to start this month!

1 comment:

KathiG said...

You have no idea how many of my friends would be jealous to know that you were in the "Downton Abbey" castle!!!! And I love the photo of you & Gavin in the tallgrass!!