Monday, September 3, 2012

Mayflower Steps, Plymouth


On our way home from Cornwall we stopped in Plymouth and saw the Mayflower Steps, (near) where the Pilgrims set off for America in 1620. The memorial has both an American and Union Jack flag.

The William Bradford quote on the memorial, which I tried and failed to capture in one photograph (despite having climbed--dangerously--onto the wall), says:
"As one small candle may light a thousand, so the light here kindled hath shone to many, yea in some sorte to our whole nation."
How much do you love my (NOT) stellar photography here?

2 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Ok, I'm completely drooling over this trip! I'm going to plan the exact same outing (hope you don't mind). That icecream looks incredible, and again, your photos are breathtaking! Glad you had a nice time.

KathiG said...

I love it!!! And as before, J.E.A.L.O.U.S. :-)