Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Birthday Post

(Disclaimer: I'm not posting about my birthday in order to solicit birthday wishes or to draw attention to myself. I'm purposely posting at the very end of the day and focusing on other people...)

It was a great birthday, mostly because my husband is so amazing. He made this gorgeous birthday cake (with zero help decorating!) and grilled the most delicious burgers for a small gathering of friends. Thank you, Sweet Jacob!

My first birthday greeting came this morning from my brother-in-law Joel, whose email said "We would have sent you a card, but let's be honest, that primitive practice will end within 5 years--we are ahead of the curve." I love it! An email is great with me. :)

I want to thank all of you who wished me a happy birthday on my birthday; those wishes really mean a lot. My Dad's email was sweet, he said "I remember how cute you were the day you were born. You were so pink and puffy and small."

Another email I awoke to was from my Mom, who also informed me that I share a birthday with Michelle Obama!! I'm thrilled.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I would LOVE a slice of that cake! Can't wait to see Jacob's blog on HIS birthday in 10 days!

Emily said...

Joel and I are really impressed with the cake!!

Nancy said...

Happy BELATED birthday! I'm glad it was a good one. I wish I could use the excuse that we were in Brazil without global coverage but even if we were home I don't know if I would have remembered on your exact birthday anyway. We are still hoping to come in September if that is still good with you. The cake looks amazing. You do have the most wonderful husband. Tell him happy birthday too in advance!!

Melissa said...

On the subject of your birthday, January 17th, I meant to comment earlier that it is ALSO the birthday of Benjamin Franklin and my department head, Jamie. We were in Boston on 1/17 and I took a picture of her in front of Ben Franklin's statue. Now I can't find it . . .