Sunday, January 24, 2010

London fun

Saturday we had a fun day in London with Jacob's coworkers Marcia and Becky and Becky's husband Mike.

We ate an incredible lunch at Barraco Cafe, a Brazilian restaurant Jacob found online. He introduced us to Brazilian dishes he loved in Brazil. My favourite was the Coxinha de Galinha (left), a doughy, breaded ball filled with wonderfully seasoned chicken.

Becky, Mike and Jacob saw Lion King, which Marcia and I saw last year together. Marcia and I saw Oliver in the Theatre Royal Drury Lane. Jacob said he was entertained by Lion King but felt it was designed for a juvenile audience, and he wasn't impressed by the talent of the performers. (He'll always maintain that nothing compares to Les Miserables on the West End.) On the other hand, I was MASSIVELY impressed by Oliver and found the talent --really everything about the production--to be top-notch. The kids in the show were especially fabulous.

After the shows we stopped at the Primrose Bakery to eat some delicious cupcakes. Jacob and I shared a lemon one and a chocolate one (left). We love living so close to London!

2 comments:

Ashley Lund said...

This is Jared speaking. I noticed you are spelling "favorite" the British way. Does that get difficult? Or do you stick to one?

Unknown said...

I consciously use alternate spellings just to add a little British flavour on the blog. In real life I usually stick to the (corrupt) American spellings. :)