Friday, June 18, 2010

A birthday wish

Guys, my Dad is in Afghanistan right now, and today is his birthday. I just think he's awesome, and on top of his day-to-day awesomeness he's serving his country right now. So in my opinion that deserves an extra-special birthday tribute. Here are a few pictures of him that I really love. I hope you'll all join me in wishing him a very happy birthday. I love you, Dad!
When he's not living in the hot-as-the-sun desert, Dad lives in Alaska. I LOVE this photo of him. We were standing on the river (which was solid ice in the -45-degree weather) for the start of a dogsled race. He looks totally content. Dad, I bet you wish you were standing on ice right now, huh? How hot is Afghanistan this time of year?

The below photo is lots of fun too. I took it at my brother Mike's wedding 3 years ago. Dad is pictured here with his siblings Rosie, Gloria and Ross. I'm sure they could tell lots of fun stories about my Dad's birthdays past!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!

No comments: