Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Going to the olympics

The process for getting tickets to the London 2012 Olympics is fascinating. We requested tickets for whatever we wanted to see, and recipients are selected by a lottery system. We were told when we requested tickets last month that money would just be charged to our credit card sometime at the end of May if we got tickets, but it would be months later before we found out which event(s) we got tickets for. Money was deducted today!! So we know we're going to the Olympics, we just have no idea which event(s) we'll get to see. :) We'll keep you posted.





(Yes, this is a portion of the online banking screen.)

4 comments:

angela said...

I'm SO jealous!! Hope that you guys have fun!!

KathiG said...

Seriously?? You don't even get to choose which event you'll see?? That would not make me happy, especially after spending the money. I'd wanna see track & field mostly and swimming/diving and most of all--gymnastics!! Good luck. Jealous!!! We'll surely have some Razorbacks or former Razorbacks over there for Track & Field. ;-)

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

I wasn't sure about how they were doing tickets and when I googled the info it was the day after the lottery thing ended--so bummed!! So job well done on getting those tickets-awesome!

Steph said...

I live in Vancouver, Canada. At 1st, I wanted to get tickets to a few events, but never ended up doing so because of the cost. If you aren't a die-hard fan of a particular sport, don't fret too much. your city will be so alive and just being there will be amazing! It is some of the most fun I've had in my life, all in the midst of winter. Enjoy!