Sunday, December 18, 2011

This week in the kitchen, part I (re-creations)

It's no secret we travel for the food, and sometimes we're brave enough to come home and try our hands at making some of the amazing things we've eaten abroad. This week we've had two such attempts.
You might remember a recent post that included this delicious dish, Spargelschnitzel:



It was incredible. Monday night Jacob slaved away in the kitchen to re-create it, and it did NOT disappoint. It was super-delicious, and we didn't even have to cross several countries to get it (not that I'm minimizing the hard work Jacob put in to make it).

And on our November trip to Poland we raved about the yummy pierogis we had, so I tried making them last night. I wasn't able to roll the dough out as thinly as it should have been (it kept tearing--anyone have a secret from your Polish grandma's kitchen?), but I thought it was pretty delicious anyway.


If it were Master Chef, Jacob would definitely have won the prize. I liked my pierogis, but the boys weren't fans, and they didn't compare to what we had in Poland. Jacob's Spargelschnitzel, on the other hand, was right on the money. Mmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Becky Foster said...

Way impressed! I'm hungry.