Saturday, August 18, 2012

Beach day

Being an island, Great Britain has lots of coastline. Most of it is beach. And if the weather were like today's more often, I'm sure Britain would be known for its beaches. It was such a hot day, the beach beckoned. So Gavin and I set out with friends for Wells-next-the-Sea, a village along the Norfolk coast.
Gavin is very fond of Myla (left) and Hazel (right).

Who wouldn't be fond of these sweet, adorable girls?
 Gavin did enjoy playing in the water and the sand, but he mostly tried to eat the sand. Repeatedly. Despite not being impressed with the first (and each consecutive) bite. I promise I even provided lunch for him, but the sand was his heart's desire.



 I loved all the colourful beach huts that characterise British beaches, and it was cute to catch little glimpses inside some of them.
 We had a great day with great friends! Oh, and this is the smile Gavin now gives me when I ask for one.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Gavin looks like the perfect beach bum - hat, beach shoes & bucket. Oh, and smile :) Love, Grandma.

Becky Foster said...

I absolutely love that smile he gives you when you ask! And what a fun outing! So glad we stuck with the plan.