Wednesday, October 17, 2012

au revoir, Paris!

I got to take one last trip to Paris before we move, and it was such a great day! I went with my friend Becky, and her husband took the kids (thanks, Johnny!). We had no agenda so we just enjoyed being in Paris, which always involves eating great things. :)

Maybe my entire aim of the trip was to eat as many macarons as possible. I did the essential Pierre Hermé versus Ladurée taste test. Mine was a chocolate versus chocolate, and Pierre Hermé won there. But I still love Ladurée!
middle right=licorice and violet macaron (definitely a fave from the day)
ispahan macaron=rose-flavored macarons filled with rose cream, lychee and raspberries
(topped with a real rose petal, topped with a little drop of fake dew)
our second trip to Ladurée for the day--left to right: licorice, salted caramel x2, blood orange, green apple, violet
enjoying the ispahan


lamb chop with ratatouille 

And here are a few additional Paris photos, just because I love the place so much!

Notre Dame Cathedral (the Seine side)
at Shakespeare and Company bookstore


Thanks, Becky, for helping make the day so perfect!

2 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Love love love this! What a perfect day (minus the morning hiccup). Thanks for making this day happen. And Hazel just looked at this and said, "Where Gavin go?" :)

Sheri said...

Where in Alaska can I get some of those delicious looking Macaron's?? Looks like a perfect day :)