Friday, October 7, 2011

Morning tea



You know I love a good tea room experience. This morning Gavin and I went with Becky and Michaela to Peacock's in Ely. And it was wonderful. (If Ely sounds familiar, it's from when we visited the cathedral in February when my parents were here.)


We had an assortment of finger sandwiches, fruit scones, lemon cake, a brownie with cream, and a great time. Becky had the hot chocolate, which came overflowing with little marshmallows Gavin enjoyed tasting; and I had the lime blossom tea.It was an adorable place, and everyone was super-friendly, which isn't always the case when you have kids. And the food was great. I'm looking forward to going back!

3 comments:

Becky Foster said...

Ok, that looks so fun and YUMMY! And I definitely have not seen that cathedral. That looks amazing. Another place to visit for sure.

Jennie said...

SOOOOOO Jealous! Looks like a lot of fun :) I am glad that they were kid friendly!

Sheri said...

Too bad we didn't try this tea room when we were in Ely - I definitely would have enjoyed that taste of heaven!