Sunday, April 24, 2011

Macarons



I mentioned my love of French macarons in this post, and this weekend I decided to try my hand at making them. They are rumored to be one of the most difficult things to make with lots of tricks and techniques, and I did find them to be extremely delicate. I used Martha Stewart's instructions here. The macarons are raspberry, and the fillings include raspberry curd (that I made from scratch), lemon curd, raspberry jam and fresh raspberries.

They didn't turn out perfect, and one whole pan was a total disaster, but I was pretty pleased with the way they developed "feet" like they're supposed to. And Jacob was pleased with their chewiness. (We had some in France and Belgium this month that disappointed him with their absence of chewy.) Overall, I'm counting them a yummy success!

2 comments:

Michael said...

Rachel, those look awesome! Congrats on your yummy success.

Emily said...

Wow, those look amazing! Joel and I are very impressed with your culinary skills.