Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Royal Wedding, part I




I was a little distracted when Kate and William announced their engagement last year. And even if I hadn't been about to give birth, I might not have thought it that big a deal. But I would have been wrong. It's a HUMONGOUS deal. In the lead-up to the Royal Wedding, it's pretty much all we hear about on TV and radio. Everyone has the day off, and the Prime Minister has encouraged everyone to party in the streets.


We saw on BBC news that the bell-ringers at the parish church in Kate's hometown of Bucklebury have prepared a 4-hour peal for Friday. FOUR HOURS. They're pretty excited.
The same news segment shows her family's butcher. He's also very excited.



BBC's website is helping everyone out with lots of street party recipes and Royal Wedding Recipes. They're excited.



The seating plan, the dress, the guest list, the honeymoon plans, the cakes, the hair (here too), the vows, the weather forecast... I could go on. Who isn't excited?!

This guy: VERY excited.


(This guy isn't. Neither is Jerry Seinfeld.)

2 comments:

Landon said...

Rachel, I am watching everything possible they have on the royal family. Don and I watched a couple of shows on Sunday night on BBCA. Wish we had the real BBC! I have to smile everytime they talk about how the main wedding cake is fruitcake with vanilla icing. I just remember you telling us about the traditional fruitcake wedding cake thing. Thank goodness William is choosing an edible cake for his grooms cake! Gavin is soooooo adorable! We are still planning another trip over there before you leave. I can't wait!

Jennie said...

Addison and I are having a Princess Wedding Party! A few of her friends are coming over and dressing up. We won't watch the wedding until lunch time so that we can enjoy our cucumber sandwiches and tea :)